Kurtz & Blum, PLLC - Criminal Justice Attorney
COVID-19 Update: Our offices are officially open for meeting clients within CDC guidelines [Masks Required]. Learn More...

My child’s other parent and I can’t agree on a visitation schedule. What can I do?


If you and the other parent of your child cannot agree on custody, then an experienced family law attorney can help you file a child custody action in court. The North Carolina court requires that most custody parties attend an orientation class and mediation session prior to a court hearing, unless there is an emergency situation. Although your attorney is not permitted to attend the court-ordered mediation with you, it is very valuable to meet with your attorney beforehand so that you are well-prepared to address as many of the potential issues as possible. If you and the other parent do not reach an agreement during mediation, then your attorney will present your case to the judge, and the judge will make a custody decision. That decision will become an order that both you and the other parent must follow.

Awards & Recognition: