Kurtz & Blum, PLLC - Criminal Justice Attorney
COVID-19 Update: Our offices are officially open for meeting clients within CDC guidelines [Masks Required]. Learn More...

My child’s other parent and I don’t want to go to court. Can we handle child custody and visitation without a hearing in court?


Yes. If you and the other parent can agree about visitation and child custody, a hearing may not be required. An experienced family law attorney can help you draft a Custody Consent Order that contains all the required provisions and has sufficient details to avoid future misunderstandings between you and the other parent about custody exchanges. This is the easiest and best way to handle custody. An agreement between parents is not as strong as a court order and if you try to write it yourselves, you may miss some important details that could cause serious problems in the future.

Awards & Recognition: