Kurtz & Blum, PLLC - Criminal Justice Attorney
COVID-19 Update: Our offices are officially open for meeting clients within CDC guidelines [Masks Required]. Learn More...

The other parent won’t let me see my child, or I don’t want the other parent to see my child. What can I do?


Without a custody order or notarized agreement, both parents have equal right to custody of their child. The courts don’t want the child pulled back and forth like the flag in a tug-of-war and that can sometimes happen if both parents are not acting in a reasonable way with regards to visitation and child custody. If the other parent is being unreasonable, you should consult with an experienced custody attorney to determine if an emergency hearing is needed, or at least to help you file an action for temporary and permanent custody to end the tug-of-war.

Awards & Recognition: