On The Job Injuries and Workers' Compensation Discussed by the Injury Lawyers of Kurtz & Blum

Workers Compensation, On The Job Injuries and Accidents from the Workers Compensation Attorneys at Kurtz & Blum

Employers in North Carolina who regularly have more than three employees are required to carry Workers’ Compensation Insurance to provide for employees who may be injured while working.  If you were hurt at work, while you were on the job, or while you were at a required or voluntary company event, you may be entitled to workers compensation benefits.  You need to make sure you have notified your employer of your injury as soon as possible, and you will be asked to fill in a form, called a Form 18 describing how the accident occurred.  Many people don’t realize that what they write on that form and on the accident report can be used to deny or limit their benefits, depending on the circumstances.

Only certain types of accidents are covered by Workers’ Compensation Insurance, with a few exceptions.  Usually, the insurance will cover injuries that occurred because of an accident that took place while doing something that is related to your job.  If your injury did not occur because of a specific accident, it may still be covered by Workers’ Compensation depending on the circumstances, such as diseases caused by exposure to chemicals or materials used at your workplace.  Also, jobs that require repetitive motions can cause an increased risk for certain diseases such as carpal tunnel syndrome.

If you are not sure or believe that your specific condition or injury may be covered by Workers’ Compensation Insurance, an experienced lawyer will be able to determine whether you should be compensated for your injury.  Workers’ Compensation is different from Personal Injury in that it does not provide any payment for pain & suffering.  Generally, Workers’ Compensation provides compensation for medical expenses, disability, and 2/3 of your regular income while you cannot work.

Your company and its insurance carrier have attorneys who advise them what to do.  You want to make sure you have an experienced attorney advising you from the very beginning as well to ensure you are fully compensated for your injury and any future issues caused by your injury.  If you have suffered a work-related injury, call me.  I can guide you through this very complicated process and help you get the compensation you deserve.

Please see our workers' compensation page for further information.

Our personal injury lawyers help people throughout North Carolina.  We frequently handle cases arising out of the following counties: Nash, Lee, Cumberland, Wake, Durham, Forsyth, Wayne, Guilford, Person, Harnett, Granville, Vance, Johnston, Chatham, Edgecombe, Orange, Vance and Alamance.

Of course, we also take on cases from the cities and towns in our own backyard of Wake County, North Carolina including: Fuquay-Varina, Cary, New Hope, Holly Springs, Knightdale, Raleigh, Morrisville, Wendell, Rolesville, Wake Forest, Garner, Zebulon and Apex.