Kurtz & Blum, PLLC - Criminal Justice Attorney

Nursing Home Negligence & Abuse Lawyers

How a Nursing Home Abuse Attorney Can Help

It isn’t easy to trust other people to take care of someone you love. When you place your family member in the hands of others, you trust that they will treat him or her with respect, dignity, and with the quality of health and personal care your loved one needs.

When your loved one is injured or harmed by the neglect or negligence of the nursing home staff, that trust has been violated. Unfortunately, this kind of neglect does happen, and all too often. You need to know what to look for.

Pressure sores are warning signs of neglect and are preventable in most situations. Broken bones, unexplained falls and choking or aspiration of food — these are the kinds of injuries you wanted to prevent by placing your family in a nursing care facility; the very kinds of injuries that should not occur in most situations.

If this has happened to someone you love, here are some important initial steps:

  • Get as much information as possible about what happened. Get dates, descriptions of the event and names of people involved.
  • Take pictures of the room, the equipment and even of the injury itself.
  • Don’t be embarrassed or hesitant – it is your right to document what has happened.

Call me, I can help you get justice for your loved one and make sure the negligent party is held responsible.

Our injury lawyers help people throughout North Carolina. We frequently handle cases arising out of the following counties: Nash, Vance, Orange, Wake, Harnett, Alamance, Person, Lee, Wayne, Edgecombe, Guilford, Cumberland, Vance, Johnston, Durham, Chatham, Forsyth and Granville.

Of course, we also take on cases from the cities and towns in our own backyard of Wake County, North Carolina including: Raleigh, Morrisville, Garner, Cary, Wake Forest, Wendell, Rolesville, Apex, Fuquay-Varina, Knightdale, New Hope, Holly Springs and Zebulon.

Awards & Recognition:
©2024 Kurtz & Blum, PLLC. All Rights Reserved.