Wake County Domestic Attorneys Discuss Non-Parent Child Custody

 Family Law Attorneys Experienced in Non-Parent Child Custody and Third-Party Custody Actions

In North Carolina, there are only a few situations where a non-parent will be able to ask the court for custody or visitation with a child.  A special exception is allowed for Grandparents under certain circumstances.  The situations when a non-parent requests custody or visitation are called third-party custody actions. 

Third party custody is so limited because every parent has a constitutionally-protected right to the love and companionship of their children.  But the courts recognize that with every right comes responsibility.  Parents have the responsibility to do what is best for their children and not to do anything that could harm them or have a harmful effect on them. 

Sometimes, parents may be either temporarily or permanently unable or even unsuitable to care for their children.  If you suspect that is the case, of course you want to do what you can to protect the children and provide them with the care they need, before anything harmful happens and before the children are removed to foster care.

Each situation is different and the only way to determine how to proceed is to call an attorney who has experience with third-party custody.  Call me.  I have the experience you need and can help you decide your best course of action.

Our family law attorneys help people throughout Wake County, North Carolina.  We frequently handle offenses arising out of the following cities:  Rolesville, Holly Springs, Morrisville, Apex, Cary, Wake Forest, New Hope, Raleigh, Wendell, Zebulon, Knightdale, Fuquay-Varina and Garner.