Raleigh Motorcycle Accident Lawyer
Motorcyclists should be afforded the same level of care and consideration as any other driver on the road. Unfortunately, that is frequently not the case. Cars, trucks, and larger commercial vehicles may not pay as much attention to motorcyclists. This can lead to dangerous crashes.
Furthermore, motorcycles do not offer as much protection as other vehicles. So when a crash happens, the resulting injuries can be much greater than in a typical car accident.
If you are injured in a motorcycle accident, it’s important to make sure your rights are protected. Insurance companies may try to pressure you into signing a quick, insufficient settlement based on unfair stereotypes about motorcyclists. Don’t let this happen to you.
A motorcycle accident lawyer from Kurtz & Blum, PLLC, will fight for the justice you deserve. Call our law office today or contact us online for a free consultation.
Why You Need a Lawyer for a Motorcycle Accident
Here are some of the ways a motorcycle accident attorney can take the pressure off you:
- Communicating with healthcare providers, your insurance company, the other driver, their insurer, and others on your behalf so you can focus on your health.
- Taking care of the necessary paperwork to move your personal injury claim forward.
- Investigating the case by collecting police reports, interviewing witnesses, gathering expert testimony, etc.
- Negotiating a fair settlement for the full value of your injuries and losses.
- Preparing your case for court, should it come to that.
Don’t try to handle a personal injury claim on your own. Let our lawyers handle all the legal legwork.
Compensation in Your Motorcycle Accident Claim
In a successful motorcycle accident claim, you can recover several different types of damages. These include compensation for:
- Past and future medical bills
- Lost wages and lost future ability to earn
- Physical pain and suffering
- Mental anguish
Do not let an insurance adjuster tell you what your case is worth. The insurance companies are not on your side. An attorney from our law firm can assess the full value of your case. We will act as strong advocates for you.
Statute of Limitations on Motorcycle Accident Lawsuits
Like most states, North Carolina has a statute of limitations on claims related to personal injuries, including motorcycle accidents. You have three years from the date of the accident to file a personal injury claim. Otherwise you forfeit your right to sue.
How to Protect Your Rights After a Motorcycle Wreck
There are a few important steps to take if you’re involved in a motorcycle accident:
- The first is to call the police. Save a copy of the crash report.
- Then document the crash. If you can take pictures at the scene, do so. If you’re too hurt, ask someone else to take pictures for you.
- See a doctor right away. Save any medical bills, instructions from your doctor, medical records, etc. Make sure to follow your doctor’s instructions carefully.
- Speak with an attorney as soon as you can. Do not make any statements before speaking to a lawyer, especially to the other driver’s insurance company. The insurance company may use your words against you to undermine your claim. An attorney will make sure you’re protected.
Common Causes of Motorcycle Crashes in Raleigh
Many motorcycle accidents are caused by drivers in other vehicles who are not properly observing the road. One of the most common types of motorcycle accidents is when a car making a left turn at an intersection collides with a motorcycle going straight through the intersection.
Other common causes of motorcycle and car accidents include:
- Unsafe lane changes
- Speeding or aggressive driving
- Following too closely
- Driving under the influence
- Cars colliding with motorcycles while the motorcycle is “lane splitting” (i.e., riding between two lanes of stopped or slowly moving traffic)
- Dooring accidents, where parked vehicles’ doors are opened into the path of a motorcyclist
Talk to Our Raleigh Motorcycle Accident Lawyers Now
A motorcycle accident is a traumatic, life-altering experience. You need a strong advocate by your side as you heal and move forward. The motorcycle accident lawyers at Kurtz & Blum, PLLC, have extensive experience with these specific types of cases. We are here to fight for your rights.
Call our law firm today or contact us online for a free, no-obligation consultation.