Charged with Domestic Violence? We Can Help

Many people accused of domestic violence crimes believe that if their accuser just says they want the case dismissed, it will be. That’s not how it works. The police may not need the help of the accuser. They may be able to prove the case without them. They may be able to rely on something that the person accused of the crime said and turn it into a confession, and at that point, they don’t need help from anybody.

But there are other ways of handling the case. We may be able to show that the state can’t prove the case, they don’t have enough evidence. We may be able to show that the crime never happened. We may be able to get the person accused into what’s called a deferral, where they might be able to take classes, and stay out of trouble, and not harass, assault, or threaten the person who accused them, for a certain amount of time, and they may be able to get the case dismissed. Worst case, we might be able to work out a plea bargain that can reduce the sentence.

It’s hard to know what’s going to be right for you until we’ve really talked about the specific facts in your case, but if you give us a call, we’ll be glad to do that. My name’s Seth Blum, and our phone number is 919-832-7700. Call us. At Kurtz & Blum, we’re in your corner.

Seth A. Blum is a graduate of Tufts University and Duke Law School. He also holds a Master’s Degree from the Terry Sanford Institute of Public Policy Studies. Seth is an experienced trial attorney who is licensed and has tried cases in both North Carolina State and Federal Courts. Seth is an Adjunct Professor of Trial Advocacy at the University of North Carolina School of Law. He regularly teaches other lawyers advanced trial techniques.