Criminal Defense Lawyer in Apex, North Carolina
Have you been arrested or charged with a criminal offense in Apex, North Carolina? Are you searching for “good criminal attorneys near me?” The criminal justice system moves quickly, and you may soon need to make important decisions about your rights and future. A conviction on even a seemingly minor criminal charge can have significant effects on the rest of your life. Speak to a skilled criminal attorney as soon as possible about your legal rights and options.
Since 1998, the attorneys of Merchant Logo
Kurtz & Blum, PLLC have represented clients facing criminal charges in Apex and throughout North Carolina. With more than 50 years of combined experience, the attorneys on our legal team bring diverse professional backgrounds to your defense. We use a collaborative approach to every case so that each client gets the benefits of a wide breadth of experience and skill.
When you hire our firm to represent you in your criminal case, you will have the benefit of the expertise of each member of our legal team. The end result is a unique, tailored strategy for securing the best possible results on your behalf.
If you are facing the criminal justice system in Apex, North Carolina, we’re in your corner. Call our firm today at (919)-429-8532 for a free initial case evaluation with an Apex, NC criminal defense lawyer.
What Are the Types of Crimes a Criminal Lawyer Can Help Defend?
At Kurtz & Blum, PLLC, our skilled Apex criminal defense lawyers can provide high-quality legal advice and representation when you are facing criminal charges such as:
- Property crimes like burglary, larceny, breaking and entering, vandalism, or arson
- Violent crimes such as robbery, assault with a deadly weapon inflicting serious injury with intent to kill, domestic violence, firearms or weapons charges, child abuse, or homicide
- White-collar crimes such as fraud, obtaining property by false pretenses, or embezzlement
- Sex crimes, including statutory rape, child pornography, and exploitation, taking indecent liberties, or rape
- Drug charges, including simple possession, possession with intent to distribute, trafficking/distribution, or manufacturing
- DUI/DWI, whether it is your first offense, second offense, or a subsequent offense
- Traffic offenses, such as speeding, reckless driving, hit-and-run, or driving with a suspended/revoked license. Our attorneys can represent you both in court as well as in DMV hearings.
Our firm also has extensive experience representing clients seeking expungement or expunction, the process by which certain eligible persons can clear their criminal records.
What to Do If You’re Arrested in Apex North Carolina
If you are arrested in Apex, North Carolina, the following steps can set you on the path to the strongest defense down the road:
- Do not resist arrest. Even if you haven’t committed any crime, by resisting or interfering with the police you can be charged separately for resisting or hindering arrest.
- Exercise your right to remain silent. Do not answer any questions asked by the police, offer any statements, or sign any documents until you have had a chance to speak with a criminal defense attorney.
- Demand to speak to an attorney as soon as possible. This is your constitutional right! A criminal defense lawyer from Kurtz & Blum, PLLC can review the details of your situation, begin to advise you of your rights and options, and hopefully secure your release from police custody as soon as possible.
How Much Does It Cost to Hire an Apex Criminal Attorney?
The cost to hire a quality Apex criminal defense attorney will vary depending on the specific charges you are facing and the circumstances of your case. For simpler matters, such as traffic violations or certain misdemeanors, we can often quote you a fee for our services over the phone.
However, for more serious criminal charges, you may prefer to speak with us during a confidential, no-obligation consultation so that we can better understand the specific facts and circumstances in your case. This allows us to provide an accurate quote based on how much work may be involved to bring your particular case to as satisfactory a conclusion as possible.
At Kurtz & Blum, PLLC, we know that hiring a seasoned criminal defense lawyer with the resources of a full-service firm can be a significant expense. That’s why we offer our clients payment plans to help make a high-quality legal defense as affordable as possible. While we do insist on receiving full payment for our services prior to the resolution of your case, we sincerely believe that this is the best investment you can make for your future.
How Our Apex Criminal Defense Attorneys Can Help You to Face This Situation
When you engage the services of the Apex criminal defense attorneys of Kurtz & Blum, PLLC, you can expect that our legal team will:
- Compassionately listen to your side of the story and take the time to understand your concerns, fears, goals, and needs
- Provide honest, straightforward advice about your legal rights and options, what you should expect throughout your case, and the possible outcomes of your charges
- Conduct a thorough investigation of your case to recover further evidence not found or turned over by the prosecution that may prove useful in your defense
- Challenge each aspect of the state’s case against you, including moving to exclude evidence that may have been unlawfully obtained
- Challenge the sufficiency of the state’s evidence for each element of every charge against you
- Aggressively negotiate for a reduction or dismissal of charges, including as part of a plea agreement if that represents the best option for you
- Advocate on your behalf at trial if you choose to fight your charges
If you believe you are being investigated for a crime in Apex, North Carolina, you need experienced legal representation to ensure that your rights and interests are protected. Contact Kurtz & Blum, PLLC today for a free, confidential consultation and to speak with a criminal defense lawyer in Apex, NC about your legal options during this challenging time.