Criminal Defense Lawyer in Holly Springs, North Carolina
If you’re facing criminal charges in Holly Springs, you may be understandably concerned about your future. A criminal conviction could have serious implications for your personal life, your family, and your financial health.
When you don’t know where to turn after a criminal charge or arrest, a trusted criminal attorney can help relieve some of this pressure. At Kurtz & Blum, PLLC, our Holly Springs criminal defense lawyers can provide the strong legal representation you need to protect your rights and safeguard your future. Our attorneys have more than 50 years of combined legal experience that we will leverage to craft the best possible defense for you.
Contact us today to learn more about how we can help in a free, confidential consultation.
What Are the Types of Crimes a Criminal Lawyer Can Help Defend?
At Kurtz & Blum, PLLC, our knowledgeable criminal defense lawyers have a strong track record of reducing or dismissing criminal charges against our clients in Holly Springs and surrounding North Carolina. We can handle cases involving any of the following types of crimes:
- Property crimes – Crimes involving burglary, robbery, larceny, shoplifting, theft, felony theft, obtaining property by fraud, arson, vandalism, and trespassing
- Violent crimes – Crimes such as homicide, manslaughter, assault with a deadly weapon inflicting serious injury with intent to kill, battery, robbery, reckless endangerment, kidnapping, assault on a female, and domestic violence
- White-collar crimes – Crimes such as embezzlement, money laundering, credit card theft, identity theft, and counterfeiting
- Sex crimes – Crimes like rape, statutory rape, sexual assault, sexual exploitation of a minor, taking indecent liberties with a child, indecent exposure, possession of child pornography, and internet sex crimes
- Drug crimes – Crimes such as possession, manufacture, or intent to distribute illicit drugs, possession of drug paraphernalia, or prescription drug fraud
- DWI or DUI – Driving while intoxicated (DWI) or driving under the influence (DUI) charges from driving while drunk on alcohol or high on intoxicating drugs
- Traffic offenses – Other traffic offenses such as reckless driving, aggressive driving, distracted driving, speeding, or failure to obey traffic laws or signs
What to Do If You’re Arrested in Holly Springs, North Carolina
If you have been arrested, it’s common to feel overwhelmed and uncertain about what happens next. You can take the following steps to protect your legal rights:
- Do not resist, fight, or try to run away – Even if you are the subject of a wrongful arrest, resisting or fighting with the police can result in separate criminal charges. Never touch, confront, or run away from officers if you are arrested.
- Do not consent to any searches – Unless police officers present a valid warrant, you are not required to submit to any searches. Politely explain that you do not agree to any search of your home, vehicle, or person.
- Take note of names and badge numbers – Pay attention to your arresting officers’ names and badge numbers. If any unusual circumstances occur, this information could be an important part of your defense.
- Avoid discussing your case with others – If you are in police custody or speaking to anyone over a police station phone, avoid discussing your case. Any details that are overheard or repeated by others could damage your defense.
- Request an attorney and keep silent – Anything you say to police officers or prosecutors may be used against you. As a result, it’s best to let your arresting officers know that you plan to remain silent until your own attorney is present.
How Much Does It Cost to Hire a Holly Springs Criminal Attorney?
Under the U.S. Constitution, you are guaranteed the right to an attorney in the event of criminal prosecution. If you cannot afford an attorney on your own, the courts will appoint a defense attorney on your behalf. However, if you have sufficient income or assets, the court will likely decide you have the resources to hire an attorney yourself.
The costs of hiring a private criminal defense attorney can vary significantly based on several factors, including:
- The type and severity of any criminal charges against you
- Your record of other criminal charges or convictions
- The complexity of any legal issues that apply to your case
- Whether or not your criminal case ends up going to trial
- The reputation and experience level of the attorney you hire
At Kurtz & Blum, PLLC, our Holly Springs criminal lawyers have decades of experience handling complex criminal defense matters. Your legal fees will pay for the substantial knowledge, resources, and stability we bring to your case when you hire us.
We understand the high stake that you’re facing, and we’ll leverage our extensive knowledge of North Carolina laws and court systems to pursue the best possible result in your case. We will stand by your side at all times and address each of your questions and concerns about the legal process. When push comes to shove, you can count on us.
Why Is It Important to Hire a Lawyer in Criminal Cases?
When you’re facing criminal charges, the justice system has teams of law enforcement officers, prosecutors, and other individuals working against you. You deserve a dedicated legal advocate of your own who can:
- Listen to your side of the story, carefully consider your legal concerns, and provide professional advice to help you achieve your goals
- Evaluate the legal case against you to determine whether any evidence is faulty or misleading and prepare a strong legal defense on your behalf
- Investigate the circumstances surrounding your arrest to determine whether any irregularities or improprieties occurred
- Attempt to reduce or eliminate charges against you as early on in your case as possible
- Represent you during hearings and at trial
How Our Holly Springs Criminal Defense Attorneys Can Help You to Face This Situation
The Holly Springs criminal defense lawyers of Kurtz & Blum, PLLC will take immediate steps to protect your rights after you hire us. We can investigate all potential defenses, interview potential witnesses, challenge the evidence against you, and work for a positive resolution of your case. We will listen to your story compassionately and help devise a strong defense for your case. We’re in your corner when you need us most. Contact us today to discuss the details of your situation with an experienced lawyer in your confidential case review.